Burglars have become smarter over the years and they know who to target and when. No longer is a burglar a blundering fool the way they are often depicted on TV, especially in comedy shows. They don’t wear striped tops and black berets while carrying a bag with the word “Swag” on it.
Burglars are smart. Burglars aren’t easy to spot – they look like anyone else. And with smart tools they can break into any house and find where you have hidden your valuables.
How to stop your home being targeted:
- Lock all your doors even when you’re inside.
- Don’t leave first-floor windows open.
- Don’t let mail pile up. On the inside of your front door put a container which catches all your mail from the letter box.
- Don’t post holiday photos online anywhere until you’ve returned and never say you’re going away.
- Have security lights at the front and back of your property so anyone approaching is illuminated. Have them installed high up so they cant be tampered with.
- Burglars like an easy job – make it as difficult for them as possible for them and you’re far less likely to be targeted.
Consider storing your valuables at NSDL!
It is safe, secure and affordable.
State of the art security systems.
24/7, 365 days round the clock monitoring with Police response.
Fireproof vault & safe from natural disasters.
Access for registered members only.
Report crime to the police
If you witness a crime, report it by calling 101 or, in an emergency, call 999.
You can also report crime online at https://www.met.police.uk/
Stay alert! Stay safe! Secure your valuables!